Afford dentures, without a doubt, is one of the procedures that we carry out most frequently in our dental clinic in Algodones. Despite the popularity of dental implants in recent years, many patients continue to choose this option today.
Here, at Grupo Dental Rubio, this procedure is performed by dentists specializing in placing this type of prosthesis. Therefore, the results are always satisfactory, and the process is safe and, above all, very comfortable for our patients.
What are dentures?
When we talk about afford dentures, we refer to traditional removable prostheses that replace lack of teeth or even all of them. These dental solutions can significantly improve patients’ chewing function and quality of life.
It is worth highlighting that removable prostheses have evolved a lot since their appearance. In this sense, today, it is possible to find different types of dentures:
- Skeletal. They have a support made of acrylic material on which the false teeth are placed. In addition, they have metal hooks to facilitate their attachment.
- Mucosal-supported. They are removable prostheses that do not have hooks. They rest on the gum. It should be noted that they also include a type of palate that is made of resin.
- Removable implant-supported. It is a semi-fixed prosthesis with a fastening or anchoring system, allowing it to be removed whenever the patient wishes.
The decision on which denture to choose will depend on the patient’s evaluation, general health conditions, and daily life. Therefore, in this process, adequate advice from a true expert in placing this type of prosthesis is essential.
Advantages of afford dentures
Among the main advantages associated with afford dentures, the following stand out:
- For their preparation and placement, they do not require a surgical procedure.
- Their maintenance is quite simple. Removable prostheses do not require much care.
- In case of breakage or any damage, they are straightforward to repair.
- They are adaptable. New pieces can be added to the prosthesis if you suffer tooth loss.
- They are much cheaper than dental implants.
The main benefit of afford dentures is that it restores the patient’s chewing functionality. In addition, they improve your facial aesthetics, oral health, and overall health and quality of life.
Tips for proper care of dentures
To keep dentures in optimal condition, it is necessary to acquire certain habits. By doing so, the removable prostheses are correctly cared for, and the appearance of different oral pathologies and unwanted discomforts is also avoided. In this sense, it is worth following the recommendations mentioned below:
- It is essential to keep the prostheses clean. Therefore, cleaning dentures after each meal and, of course, before sleeping is necessary.
- It is advisable to use a toothbrush with soft bristles and a special cleaner for removable dentures.
- Overnight, you can soak your dentures in water, which can be cold or lukewarm. It is also advisable to use a particular cleaning solution to moisturize them. It will prevent them from changing shape or drying out.
In addition to the above, attending a consultation with the dentist at least annually is necessary. In this way, the professional can evaluate if further measures are required to maintain the dentures and optimize the patient’s oral health.
Don’t forget that this procedure is performed by dentists specializing in placing this type of prosthesis. Afford dentures is one of the procedures that we carry out most frequently in our dental clinic in Algodones.
Despite the popularity of dental implants, many patients continue to choose this option today. At Dental Rubio, the results are always satisfactory, and the process is safe and very comfortable for our patients. Contact us if you need more information about afford dentures!