Root Canal / Endodontics
At Rubio Dental Group, we are dedicated to helping all of our patients maintain their oral health. We offer root canal treatment to help patients suffering from toothaches caused by infections, injuries, and other problems. If you need a root canal, schedule an appointment with our professional dental team today.
What is Root Canal Treatment?
Rubio Dental Group performs root canal treatment, a procedure to remove dead tissue and infected pulp from inside an affected tooth. A root canal procedure is necessary when the pulp gets infected due to decay caused by bacteria. If left untreated, the pulp can die and the resulting infection can form an abscess in the jawbone. If this infection spreads further it will result in swelling, severe pain and could be life-threatening. This is why root canal treatment is necessary to seal off the infection and prevent further issues.
Does Root Canal Treatment Hurt?
At Rubio Dental Group, we are dedicated to making your treatment as pain-free as possible. Our office offers a variety of sedation dentistry options, including laughing gas, oral sedation, and IV sedation. We also offer NuCalm to help put you at ease throughout your visit.
What Can I Expect During Root Canal Treatment?
The root canal procedure is very straightforward. In most cases, our team can complete root canal treatment in one to two visits. This is what you can expect during your procedure.
- First, our team will take a digital X-ray to assess the condition of your tooth.
- A local anesthetic is applied to ensure that you are comfortable and relaxed during your procedure. You may also choose from your sedation options to make your experience pleasant and stress-free.
- To remove the pulp, our dentist will then have to make a small opening at the crown of the affected tooth. With the pulp chamber exposed, it is then cleaned thoroughly by removing the damaged pulp. The space that is left is then shaped and prepared for filling.
- Our dentist will fill the root canal, now empty, with a rubber-like material called gutta-percha. The opening is then closed with adhesive cement or temporary filling.
- Once your root canal treatment is complete, our dentist will restore your tooth with a one-day CEREC ceramic crown. Your crown will protect your teeth and restores its natural look, strength, and function.
Are you suffering from a toothache? We can help. Contact us.